Jan 25, 2007

San Antonio Day☆


We had an event which is called San Antonio Day at Kumamoto City International Center. A city official introduced the city by using power point, an Amarican staff who works at Kumamoto city hall introduced his family and America, an exchange student from San Antonio gave a speech about her life in Kumamoto, and I gave a speech about my experience in San Antonio last year.
I just finished writing the text of a speech before I left home to the city hall. I had no time to practice(>_<) In the city hall, I was introduced to some city officials. Later pics which I brought got into print. After that we went to the International Center. We arranged chairs, snacks, drinks and so on. There were not so many people as we had expected, so we were disappointed.
At 6:30 p.m. the event started. I talked for 20 minutes. Some people praised my speech, so I was very glad and got a lot of confidence. I hope some people had interested in the city through the event.
After the event, I was invited to the dinner and went to the Japanese restaurant in downtown with a city official. We talked a lot of things there and had a good time. Of course, the food was really delicious!!! I want to join the event like this again.

No comments: