Nov 24, 2006

Today's class☆


Mr. Lavin brought one book, Aerop's Fables, to today's class. There are eight stories in the book, so each of us chose one story in it and told everyone about it. My explanation was awful^^;

I read "The thirsty crow". I talk about the story.
There was a crow. It was hot day, but there was no water because there hadn't been raining for a week. He was very thirsty and was searching for something to drink. When he was flying, he found a pot. He came close to it to confirm that there was water in it. There was, but he couldn't reach it. First, he tried to break the pot. But, it was too hard for him to do that. Second, he tried to knock it over, but it wasn't move. However, later he had an idea! He picked a pebble one by one and dropped it in the water in the pot. Then...the pebbles pushed water up gradually and finally he could drink it!!! The taste was wonderful. He was very glad that he is clever.

By the way, each story has its own moral. The moral of the story is: Try hard enough and you'll get what you want. This moral cheers me up a lot. I like this moral very very much\(^0^)/

2 comments:

?? said...

I have read this book!!
It is interesting!

Yu Kato said...

Yea, this book was pretty good. I want to read another stories in this book when I have a chance!!!