Nov 27, 2006

☆LITTLE BEAR'S FRIEND☆


I read Little Bear's Friend. I've kept reading books of Jacqueline Wilson, but I felt like reading another book this week. The design of the book cover is classical and very pretty.


One little bear lived with his parents in the forest. One day he sat in the top of a high tree and looked around the forest. He saw the hills, the river, the sea, his house and his mom from there. After a while, he climbed down the tree and met a little girl. The girl's told him that she lost her way, so he took her to her house near the river. The girl's name is Emily and she was with her doll, Lucy. Little bear and Emily became friends.

Later, they went to the owl's party together. There were cat, duck and hen at the party too. Before the party began, Lucy's arm was broken because she dropped from the tree. Emily cried, but little bear fixed that for her. All of them had fun after that.

The day Emily leaves the forest came. She had to go back to school. She came to little bear's house and they ate and drank. She gave a new pen to little bear, and he gave a toy boat to her. After Emily went back home, he cried because of loneliness. His mom suggested him to write to Emily. With her help, little bear wrote to her. Little bear told her he cannot wait for summer when Emily will come to the forest again!


This book is for a little kid as I expected. However, I enjoyed the story and pretty illustration very much. The story was so lovely. Making friend with animals must be very interesting!!!

4 comments:

mmariri said...

Hello! Nice to meet you. I will try this book, if itis in my university's library. I was interested when I read your blog.

Rick said...

I read another of the Little Bear books yesterday. Little Bear seems to be obsessed with mermaids.

Yu Kato said...

mmariri,

Nice to see you too! You can find this book in the library. Enjoy it~!!!

Yu Kato said...

Mr. Lavin,

There are some another stories of the little bear!!! I'll try to find it.