Nov 2, 2006

Talk show☆


Last Saturday, I went to a talk show which was held at PUK. The guest of the talk show was a woman who has auditory difficulties. As I told you, I have sign language class every Thursday. My teacher of the class was the chair of the talk show. She acted very well. By the way, the guest is a stage actress. She cannot hear naturally, but we never feel about that from her at all because she is very very active. She can be called challenger. She went to US to study acting and became an actress. It's amazing. However, she had a lot of difficulties in her life. She was abused by classmates when she was kid and after that she lost the place she should have been. Anyway, her talking cheered me up a lot. At the end of the talk show, she acted by using American sign language with a song which title was "Imagine". Yes, it's one of the John Lennon's famous songs. Some audience was crying. I was moved as well. I was so glad to have a chance to attend the talk show.

2 comments:

Rick said...

It sounds great. I can't imagine what "Imagine" is like without sound.

Yu Kato said...

Mr. Lavin,

Yes, it was great. We moved a lot and felt something even though it was without sound. Sign language has a big power!